- Thank the person who gave you the award and link to them.
- Add the award to your blog.
- Tell six outrageous lies about yourself and one truth. (Another variant: Tell six truths and one outrageous lie. YOU get to guess which variant I chose – and which statements are true, as well as which are lies.)
- Nominate six creative liars/writers and post links to them.
- Let your nominees know that they have been nominated.
- Last year I saved my company $2.4M in just three months by spending less than $100 to change the type of "O"-ring used to connect all high-pressure hydraulic hoses.
- I learned to fly a plane before I learned to drive a car.
- I've turned down multiple offers for senior management roles within Rio Tinto because those roles would have given me a lot less time to write.
- I lost 30kg (66lbs) over 18 months using the Weight Watchers program.
- I have never had a speeding ticket.
- I was the only person in my high school to study two foreign languages.
- I have memorised the first three chapters of the Gospel of Luke in the King James Version, and I'm working on chapter four.
Passing on this award is tricky, because it seems that some people don't "do" awards. I guess there's no harm in nominating them anyway. Anyway, my nominations go to Angel Zapata, Erin Cole, Greg "Gladbloke" Bray, Quin Browne and Linda.
Apologies in advance if I've caused offence nominating, or not nominating anyone.
Happy guessing between the truths and creativities!