Friday, October 16, 2009

[3WW] I'm Talking to You

The three words for Three Word Wednesday (3WW) CLIX are "frustrate", "indecent" and "understand". Here's a little scene around that...

"I don't understand why you watch those films. They're rubbish."

"Mum," she said, "I love horror movies."

"They're indecent. They're filth. They will turn you into a tramp. I try to bring you up a good catholic. Why do you throw all that away?"

"It's just for fun, Momma. It's not a religion. It's a fantasy. It helps me forget about school, and stuff; all my frustrations."

"What?" said Momma. "You have it so easy. You're ungrateful. You have nothing in your life to frustrate you, you understand? Nothing! Don't walk away when I'm talking to you. Hey, I'm talking to you."

4 comments:

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

Good show. I like the way this flowed, like a snapshot in time.

mark said...

Wonderful read. True to life...

gautami tripathy said...

One can relate with that so well...

commas and all
Also don't forget to post your creative works at Monday Poetry Train Revisited each Monday morning!

Matt Rosinski said...

This story doesn't ring true with me Bernard - I grew up in a catholic family and we didn't talk that much ;-)